Let’s just clear out some open tabs, shall we?
- marathonpacks › A Single Groove on a Vinyl Record, Magnified by 1000x. So. Cool. Pretty much anything microscopic is awesome, but when you think about how a record works, it gets even cooler. It’s like you’re seeing sound, man. (Thanks to @rockblogsterbdn)
- Acknowledging and learning from partnership imbalances OR “My stupid fiance won’t help me with wedding planning”. No, I’m not getting married (yet), but I love Offbeat Bride for its relationship advice, and this is a great example of that.
- Goodreads. I’m excited about this, and with the agreement Nate and I made last night (I keep exercising and he keeps me well-stocked in books), I want this year to be a year I get back into reading. I used to devour books as a child, and I let it go for more electronic pursuits.
- House of Antique Hardware. I found this website while looking for new cabinet knobs and hinges. My mom got me a sander for my birthday, so this summer is going to include refinishing all my kitchen cabinets. I can’t afford the kitchen renovation I really want yet, but hopefully this will tide me over. Erin over at Domestic Adventure gives me hope.
- How To Cook a Steak in the Oven. I really have to get my cast iron pan de-rusted. I let it get wet and I didn’t dry it properly, and now I have a rusty mess on my hands. I’ve gotten a lot of it off already, but the corners need some more work. Then I’ll season it and treat it right.
- “…that she would be so self-centered as to believe that her god elected that Ellen should die just to make her daughter’s life a bit easier.” I’ve had this tab open for quite a while, waiting for inspiration to strike so that I could post it appropriately. I think I will occasionally post clean-out-the-tabs posts like this just because I may never have the inspiration to come up with more than what’s already been said. The entry in this one was beautiful, but this particular comment brought me to tears. I know it’s not what this blog is supposed to be about, but it’s there.